PDA

View Full Version : SenchaWorld.com (beta) Online

dawesi
11 Jun 2011, 3:01 AM
I'm happy to annouce I'm putting together a new website (senchaworld.com (http://senchaworld.com)). It's not a replacement for anything, just a different view on the same world.

For a while now I've had extjs.tv up and it's been a good repsitory for videos for extjs, but I wanted to do more and the site template was lacking. Now that ExtJs has expanded to Sencha, its' time to update the content, so as an intermediate step to the new system that is in development, I've put up this site. I am working on a custom portal system for this ecosystem, but until then to reduce the timeoverhead I'm using Wordpress, but that will only be for a few months until everything is migrated to the new portal.

I've always wanted things organised a little differently to Sencha, so this site is simply a place to aggregate content (not replace it). It will be many more things than it is now eventually, so let me know what you want, and we'll put it on the roadmap.

June 11-13th (now)

Screencasts (piles of videos from around the web)
Community & Sencha Website List (key players in the community and their resource sites)
Sencha & Web Blog Aggregators (web, javascript, css, mobile, it's coming (and customisable) )

End Of October

ExtJS/Core/Touch Extension Listing & Detail Page
ExtJS/Core/Touch Theme Listing & Detail Page

By the end of 2011

ExtJS/Core/Touch Extensions & Themes AIR App (desktop and mobile) & Data Feed
SenchaForge.org Developer Portal (leveraging existing resources: forum, github (etc)...)

As it's wordpress, it doesn't use ExtJS for everything, and maybe until the next iteration it wont. It's a resource, not an example, so don't post about how it doesn't use ExtJS!! The next version will use ExtJS as the core javascript framework, so be patient.

Would love your feedback.

mitchellsimoens
11 Jun 2011, 6:28 AM
Awesome! And maybe a Sencha Touch version to watch videos and stuff on mobile devices?

dawesi
11 Jun 2011, 6:22 PM
Awesome! And maybe a Sencha Touch version to watch videos and stuff on mobile devices?

added to roadmap as part of air app. (now that air is on most platforms and dw cs5.5 allows phonegap generation!)

I think this would be great as a developer reminder of new versions (including updates to extensions and themes) as you could indicate what you are using in your profile and then it would let you know.

With the desktop app I'm thinking something like Windows Update where you can download packages automatically.

mankz
11 Jun 2011, 11:18 PM
Looks great :)

freddmsmalls
13 Jun 2011, 5:43 PM
This is gonna awesome!

realkevinroth
13 Jun 2011, 8:10 PM
Looks interesting. There's definitely a need for something like this. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

dawesi
13 Jun 2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys, I've been promising Jack and Abe this for ages. Just happy I could start to deliver. :-)

dawesi
18 Jun 2011, 7:37 AM
There's over 100 videos online now, including the SenchaConf and Sourc{ conference videos.

There's some really great resources out there and I'm just grateful to all of you who contribute to the Sencha community with quality screencasts, slide decks and tutorials. Keep putting them online, and let us know when you do!

grgur
20 Jun 2011, 5:55 AM
Looks awesome! Great work ;)

Neilcoder
4 Aug 2011, 2:23 AM
looks nice!

However, I don't know whether its being filter out through the firewall but I just tried now for the first time and I'm unable to watch the vids, I use flashblock but I set it to "allow all flash" for sencha world and tried i in IE / FF / Chrome and I just get a space in the page where the video should be.

are there many other places I can watch Extjs video tutorials?

Thanks
Neil

Ekambos
4 Aug 2011, 5:41 AM
If this is about Senchaworld then where is GXT in all that ?

dawesi
8 Aug 2011, 7:34 AM
If this is about Senchaworld then where is GXT in all that ?

Ext GWT links are under the Ext Link (as are ext core and ext direct and ext air).

If you have any GWT vids you want up there, drop me a message with the links and I'll get them up lickety split!