PDA

View Full Version : Please, please: a shorter forum timeout!

alphadogg
22 Jun 2011, 8:00 AM
Ugh, this forum times out to quickly with logins. Is it really necessary? I amy read somone's post, then spend time making sense of the API docs only to come back and have to re-login.

For the love of all that is Digital, give me more time!

jep
22 Jun 2011, 9:19 AM
This never happens to me. Have you tried it in a different browser? I'm wondering if your browser is scrubbing the cookies prematurely.

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 2:18 PM
I spend lots of time sitting on a thread or the reply form as I create an example. How long is it for the timeout?

alphadogg
23 Jun 2011, 8:49 AM
Hmm. Maybe I'm excruciatingly slow on replying... And, I realized my title is all wrong too. Ugh, I guess I should switch from caffeine to methamphetamines. :">

jep
I still don't really understand what problem is being reported.

mitchellsimoens
Hmm. Maybe I'm excruciatingly slow on replying... :">

lol Well then hurry up! :))

jayrobinson
23 Jun 2011, 12:11 PM
alphadogg, can you please let us know what Browser/OS you are using? Thanks.

alphadogg
27 Jun 2011, 11:01 AM
alphadogg, can you please let us know what Browser/OS you are using? Thanks.

Mainly IE8/9, FF4/5 and Chrome on Windows.

It isn't a problem. Sometimes, some answers to other posters requiring consulting the APIs, try some test code, format and trim code, etc. when answering a question, and the forum times out on me. I don't know what the timeout period is, but it'd be nice if it were longer on this forum where careful answers are sometimes required.

aw1zard2
27 Jun 2011, 2:46 PM
I learned a while back to do replies in a editor first like textpad or ultraedit then paste it in.
I've had the problem of these forums timing out on me when I was involved in a lengthy response too.
It's gotten better for me then what it used to be.
Now I just get interrupted at work a little too much while I'm trying to do it. :)