PDA

View Full Version : how to use paging concept using in grid

sayeed
28 Dec 2006, 1:08 AM
Hi guys
I am working on populating the grid with data coming for the server.Since i have 100 records to be displayed in the grid.I wanna to display 10 each at a time and on the click of a button i wanna to display
next 10 recors in the grid.Since this is only done using the paging concept.I dont know how to implement.
Who ever is looking at this query plz provide a sample example that demonstrate the concept of using paging in a grid.

brian.moeskau
28 Dec 2006, 2:02 AM
If you search the forum for "grid paging" there are many discussions and examples dealing with it. Please see if any of the existing posts help you out, and if you have specific issues getting it to work, detail your problems here.

sayeed
28 Dec 2006, 2:35 AM
Thanks Brian Moeskau
can u do one favour to me ,can u explain the different methods used in paging and about the properties and objects.I have an example which is at this url

http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/2006/09/26/using-the-remote-dataset-feature-of-the-grid/

I am unable to understand the exact working of these methods and their purpose.
dm.baseParams['forumId'] = forumId;
myDataModel.paramMap['page'] = 'pageNum';
dm.baseParams = {'forumId': 4};
dm.setDefaultSort(cm, 3, 'DESC');
dm.addListener('load', sm.selectFirstRow, sm, true);

Please help me out.

tryanDLS
28 Dec 2006, 9:33 AM
You should start by reading the docs for DataModel - these methods are all documented. You should review all the grid examples in the download as most of them contain comments in the code, which should give you further direction.

Also, these type of questions should be posted in the Help forum.