PDA

View Full Version : Why does "sencha generate app" does nothing on Windows?

Gunmen
2 Jul 2011, 5:53 AM
I installed the latest version of the SDK on Windows Vista following the default settings.
I watched Tommy Maintz in his video (http://vimeo.com/17705448) "Structuring Your Sencha Touch Application".

He uses the command: sencha generate app <projectname>. I tried, but nothing happend (no error, no files generated, currect location e:\coding\extjs\).

What should I do to get the app working?
Do I need to install other software to get it working?

Thanks!

edspencer
19 Jul 2011, 11:38 PM
I don't think we communicated this well - the SDK Tools are a different thing to Sencha Command (which we haven't shipped for 4.x yet). I think we'll combine them shortly to make this sane again

Gunmen
20 Jul 2011, 2:44 AM
I don't think we communicated this well - the SDK Tools are a different thing to Sencha Command (which we haven't shipped for 4.x yet). I think we'll combine them shortly to make this sane again

Yeah, I found the answer in one of the screencasts... thanks anyway. I look forward for the new tools. Late summer. ;)

eligeske
1 Nov 2011, 6:15 AM
Yeah, I found the answer in one of the screencasts... thanks anyway. I look forward for the new tools. Late summer. ;)

And which screen cast would that be?

kollepara
26 Mar 2012, 6:25 AM
does it work on linux? I am also waiting for this command to function on Windows 7