PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Forum displaying rather screwily today



jep
6 Jul 2011, 11:11 AM
As you can see, there's several parts of the posts that are displaying rather poorly all of a sudden. Does this on FF or Chrome, whether I'm logged in or not.

mitchellsimoens
6 Jul 2011, 11:37 AM
Interesting... works fine for me.. what is the language dropdown displaying that is right above the SenchaCon banner toward the bottom?

jep
6 Jul 2011, 11:38 AM
-- English (US)

mitchellsimoens
6 Jul 2011, 11:38 AM
-- English (US)

Oh... idk then... All I can say is clear cache and see if that works

mschwartz
6 Jul 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm seeing the same thing, in Chrome 12/windows.

jep
6 Jul 2011, 11:41 AM
Errr... did you miss the part about it occuring in both FF and Chrome? In any case, I tried clearing the cache and it's still a problem.

Also, I just tried it on a completely different machine on a completely different network (my employer via VPN) and it's doing the same thing. And this is a machine that, to my knowledge, has never even BEEN to sencha.com.

mschwartz
6 Jul 2011, 11:41 AM
Actually, I recently did clear my browser cache. Maybe it's a new sprite image messed up, but the good one I had cached.

jep
6 Jul 2011, 11:42 AM
Good point. mitchell - perhaps you could clear your cache. Or try from a clean machine that you don't normally use to hit sencha.com.

mschwartz
6 Jul 2011, 11:43 AM
Someone has been working on the HTML/design for the site.

This is new (for me):

mschwartz
6 Jul 2011, 11:45 AM
The posted images are shifted a bit to the right. It's a neat effect, but ...

There's no reason for the forum to be fixed width. I have giant gray bars on the left and right side of the content/threads/posts, and my browser isn't full screen or anything.

So the pictures do exceed the width of the content container...

mschwartz
7 Jul 2011, 5:37 AM
It's fixed now. I had to clear my browser cache to get the good/working sprite.

jep
7 Jul 2011, 9:17 AM
It cleared up for me, too, but no cache reload needed. I had to do a shift-reload in Chrome but that fixed it. So it seems like someone screwed up something on the website but figured it out and fixed it.