PDA

View Full Version : Problem displaying toolbar in iod when page is loaded in background

davidkeay
11 Jul 2011, 4:29 PM
EDIT: The subject should read iOS - a stunningly obvious typo to miss in the preview.

Sencha Touch version tested:

Platform tested against:

iOS 4.2
iOS Simulator 4.2

Description:

If I load a page using Sencha Touch in a UIWebView before that web view has been displayed to the user (If, for example, the app uses a UITabBarController and one of the tabs tries to load a page in the background when the app launches), the title bar of the page isn't visible and the bottom of the sencha touch page is about 50 pixels higher than it should be.
Tapping the iphone status bar will reveal the title bar (with animations), but touching anywhere in the webview will make the title bar disappear again (without animations)

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Create a new ios app with a tab bar controller, add a webview to the second tab and load a Sencha Touch based page when the webview is created. If you switch to that tab immediately upon launch (before the page loads), it will load correctly. If you wait, then switch to the tab after a few seconds, the page will have loaded incorrectly.
I've attached a sample app that shows off the bug in a really simple way - it uses the sencha touch kitchen sink demo page.
I've attached screenshots of how the page should look vs how it does look.

gardenofwine
24 Jul 2011, 12:27 PM
I have the same issue, only I don't have a tabbar in my application, and the offset is 20 pixels.

I found this thread in stackoverflow, which seems to address the same base issue, but no one answered it yet:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6528191/sencha-touch-panel-darkens