PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] LiveGrid Scrollbar not working

baskor
13 Jul 2011, 2:24 AM
I'm using OS X, Firefox 5.0.1, Safari 5.0.5

Example: http://www.sencha.com/examples/explorer.html#livegrid

When opening the example in Firefox, the scrollbar doesn't work. See attachment. I can't even scroll with the mouse scroller.

In Safari it works initially, but when I switch to the 'Source' tab and back again to the 'Demo' tab, the scroll bar is broken. See attachment.

sven
13 Jul 2011, 2:29 AM
This is already fixed in SVN

arkadye
8 Aug 2011, 10:55 AM
I have the same issue. While upgrading from version 2.2.0 to version 2.2.4, I've noticed that LiveGrid vertical scroll stopped working in Firefox.

We have a premium support subscription. When can we expect the version 2.2.5 with LiveGrid fixed?

Thanks.

Arkady.

sven
8 Aug 2011, 10:58 AM
I have the same issue. While upgrading from version 2.2.0 to version 2.2.4, I've noticed that LiveGrid vertical scroll stopped working in Firefox.

We have a premium support subscription. When can we expect the version 2.2.5 with LiveGrid fixed?

Thanks.

Arkady.

The fix is already in SVN. You can build your custom GXT from there. Depending on your support subscription we also custom builds. You should open a real support ticket for this under http://support.sencha.com

arkadye
8 Aug 2011, 4:22 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, Sven.

Assuming that the fix is just in one file LiveGridView, I took it. The scroll works fine in Firefox now but scroller is not showing up in IE8 anymore.

Best regards,

Arkady.

sven
8 Aug 2011, 9:47 PM
You also need to update your css files

arkadye
9 Aug 2011, 7:40 AM
According to SVN, there are no changes to gxt-all.css file after 2.2.4 build. Are there any other css files I need?

Best regards,

Arkady.

arkadye
10 Aug 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Sven,

Do you have an answer for me regarding the scroller absence in live grid in IE8 with the latest version of LiveGridView class from SVN? As I mentioned in my previous post, the gxt-all.css has not changed in SVN since version 2.2.4. Am I missing something?

By the way, another issue that I've noticed is that the loading mask is not showing up on first loading with the latest LiveGridView (applies to both IE and Firefox).

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Arkady.

sven
12 Aug 2011, 2:00 AM
You need to build the css yourself. The relavant change should only be this one:

.x-grid-panel .x-livegrid-scroller { z-index: 1;
position: absolute;
right: 0px;
overflow-y: scroll;
overflow-x: hidden;
}

arkadye
12 Aug 2011, 7:03 AM
This change is already in the 2.2.4 and I have it. It doesn't work in IE with the latest version of the LiveGridView class.

Here is what I found so far.

The revision 2383 of the gxt-all.css removed "width: 18px;" attribute from the .x-grid-panel .x-livegrid-scroller definition.
The revision 2393 of the LiveGridView added "width: 1px;" style attribute to the inner div of the scroller (lines 259 and 266).

If I add the "width: 18px;" back in gxt-all.css and remove the "width: 1px;" in the LiveGridView in lines 259 and 266 (actually the line 266 is the important one in my case), then the scroller works in all browsers. Is there any reason these changes were made? And if yes then some other fix is required to make it work both in IE and Firefox because the latest SVN version doesn't work in IE.

With regard to the loading mask not appearing on the first load, it is caused by the change in the revision 2393 of the LiveGridView, line 330 (which fixes the infinite loop).

Best regards,

Arkady.

sven
12 Aug 2011, 7:16 AM
IE 8 is showing a scrollbar for me. I will investigate it. I will also look into the loadmask problem.

sven
12 Aug 2011, 7:29 AM
The scrollbar does not show in a non strict environment. We will work on a fix for this.

arkadye
12 Aug 2011, 7:35 AM
Since you said it works for you, I did a little check and switched to the strict mode. And yes, it works for both browsers in strict mode. The only unfortunate thing in strict mode is that you can see this one pixel vertical line in the scroll area caused by "width: 1px;" addition. From that perspective the old combination looked better.

sven
12 Aug 2011, 7:40 AM
I will update this threads once its fixed in SVN. The loading mask issue is arleady fixed locally

zeroed
22 Feb 2012, 7:45 PM
I'm using 2.2.5 and I'm still facing this issue.