PDA

View Full Version : dynamic tooltip on mouseover

manugoel2003
29 Dec 2006, 4:54 AM
Hi,

I am having a very specific problem. I have a grid and I want that on the mouseover event of the cells of a certain column, a tooltip should be displayedspecific to that cell (The tooltip content should be fetched on the fly).

For example, if I am displaying a list of emails in the grid, and if I am displaying an attachment icon on the rows which contains an attachment, then on the mouseover event of the attachment icon a list of attachments should be displayed as a tooltip. I hope I am able to communicate the problem properly.

How can I achieve this? The tooltip needs to be an HTML tooltip not just simple text.

Thanx

jack.slocum
29 Dec 2006, 10:22 AM
QuickTips (in SVN) will be integrated in the grid soon enough. In the meantime, you can easily register your tooltips using QuickTips.tips() with an object literal.

brian.moeskau
29 Dec 2006, 10:22 AM
At the moment, the official release does not have tooltips like that. However, the current build in SVN does contain a brand new class called QuickTips.js that provides that functionality. In fact, I believe Jack is currently working on a new example that will demonstrate its use. However, as it's brand new and not yet even "officially" beta, it's likely not commented well yet and may not be 100% production quality. Might point you in the right direction though.

jbowman
29 Dec 2006, 10:25 AM
At the moment, the official release does not have tooltips like that. However, the current build in SVN does contain a brand new class called QuickTips.js that provides that functionality. In fact, I believe Jack is currently working on a new example that will demonstrate its use. However, as it's brand new and not yet even "officially" beta, it's likely not commented well yet and may not be 100% production quality. Might point you in the right direction though.

So it's kinda like Vista Business? :p sorry, couldn't resist

manugoel2003
29 Dec 2006, 10:33 AM
Hey that wud be cool.... u guys are simply great :D

ray007
16 Nov 2007, 1:54 AM
I'm also in need of such dynamic tooltips.
If there now exists an example on how to do that, I'd appreciate getting a link (or even a specific rtfm pointer ;))

Thanks,
Ray

Animal
16 Nov 2007, 2:00 AM
You should now, be able to programmatically create a ToolTip for a target, and specify an autoLoad url.

That will load on render.

jheid
16 Nov 2007, 3:01 AM
You should now, be able to programmatically create a ToolTip for a target, and specify an autoLoad url.

Please consider to second my feature request for that: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17838

ray007
16 Nov 2007, 5:46 AM

Yes ... I thought so looking at the api docs. And from docs I also believe it should be possible to specify a javascript function as autoLoad property (like an 'onShowTooltip' event), right?

Seeing a sample where that works would make life a bit easier ... so far I haven't managed to find a sample for ToolTip or QuickTip usage in den Ext 2.0 docs.