PDA

View Full Version : Additional SDK Tools 'sencha create jsb' command line argument to set Company Name

ykey
19 Jul 2011, 4:05 PM
Just a simple request to be able to set the company name and project name through command line arguments to 'sencha create jsb' so CI builds can set this automatically.

If this is already possible and I missed it just let me know.

Something like..

sencha create jsb -a index-dev.html -p app.jsb -companyName "Company" -projectName "Project"

Thanks

edspencer
19 Jul 2011, 10:50 PM
Hmm interesting suggestion. I guess you'd need to type this in every time... perhaps there's a better way. As it stands I wouldn't see a huge benefit over simply editing the file after generating it

paipai
24 Nov 2011, 6:36 AM
I see benefit when the build process is part of an automatically global build process.
It would be nice to have this option.

commanche
30 Nov 2011, 1:36 AM
There is a workaround for this - if the target jsb3 file exists, it is not overwritten, but instead the information from it is used for the creation of the new one. So you can create an "empty" jsb3 with your company name and copyright and then run the create jsb process.

paipai
30 Nov 2011, 1:45 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll try this !

crisp
1 Dec 2011, 2:06 AM
I'm using ant to automate the build process and I'm parsing the intermediate jsb file between the create jsb and the build actions using the BSF script task in Ant. I needed this for some other reasons but i used it to change the copyright info.

Another ugly hack is to change the defaults which you will find in SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/appbuilder/ext-app-builder.js file.

Ed, speaking of ext-app-builder.js and phantom, do you think you guys can change the exit code on phatom for errors (such as Ext not found) to something else then 0 ? Right now i cannot detect an create jsb error in Ant and I have to parse the output.