PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Meetup #3 in Munich Area: September 16, 2011

mw-flow
1 Aug 2011, 8:22 AM
Dear community,

The third Sencha meetup in Germany's Munich area will take place on September 16, 2011, at 19:30 (NOT 18:30). This time it'll take place in Hallbergmoos, very very close to Munich airport, see detailed infos below:

When?
The next Munich Sencha Meetup, that is #3, starts on Friday, September 16, 2011, at 19:30 = 7:30pm CEST (NOT at 18:30). Appearing half an hour earlier is ok, of course, but we'll have to wait in our kitchen for our training room to become vacant.

Where?
The meetup will take place in the training room of my company called IsarNet AG. The location will be the so-called Airport Business Center (ABC) in Hallbergmoos, very close to Munich Airport. Address is: Am Söldnermoos 17, 85399 Hallbergmoos.

Getting there by car:
Use this address for your car's navigation system: Am Söldnermoos 17, 85399 Hallbergmoos, Germany. The public street can only be used as parking space until 10pm. So if you come by car, there are two possible solutions: 1) Tell me! I can then try and give you one of our three company parking spaces in front of the building. 2) There's a publicly accessible short term parking space directly in front of the building's main entrance (see "Exact Location" below) that says you could park there for 30min only. Forget the 30min, you won't be towed, use it if you like.

Getting there by public transport:
Use the S-Bahn S8 to "Hallbergmoos". From there, use the bus line 698 to either "Lilienthalstraße" or "Am Söldnermoos", or just ask the bus driver. When he kicks you out, use a map printout or your Sencha-Touch-enabled device's map ;) Sounds complicated? It's not, Hallbergmoos is a simple place. (As an emergency solution, the S-Bahn stop is about 3km away and we could try and pick you up there. Write a PM if you need a phone number for this.) Anyway, this is the bus schedule of the public transport bus (http://goo.gl/X1uwf).
(If you happen to be at the S-Bahn stop BEFORE 7pm, there's a private bus that takes you from the S-Bahn right to the main entrance of our building. It's got a small plague with "ABC" (=Airport Business Center) behind its windscreen. That private bus line's schedule is here (http://goo.gl/wpYNk).

Getting there by plane:
Just kidding, but feel free to zoom out from the map linked below.

Exact location:
Look at that hexagonal building on this map (http://goo.gl/k6UfP). That's the building, many companies are located in there. The main entrance is about 50m away from the public street. A small street with some bumps leads to the main entrance. The main entrance looks like this (http://goo.gl/x60Wv). The green arrow on the map points to that part of the building in which our offices are located. The offices are on the ground floor. To get there, enter through the main entrance, proceed through a glass corridor, then it's the 2nd door on the right. Look for signs reading "IsarNet AG" or "IsarNet - Professional Networking". I cannot promise to get some special #senchamuc signs ;)

Agenda:
You'll have a beamer, two whiteboards and an internet connection (wired or WiFi) at your disposal. This time, maybe it would be cool to have a few very short presentations (5-10min each) of what everyone is doing at the moment, be it something simple or something very sophisticated. Everything is interesting and worth the talk. Bring in your ideas!

Please write me a PM or tell us here on the forum if you'd like to come. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Markus

tobiu
1 Aug 2011, 2:43 PM
Hi Markus,

count me in. I am going to present the next version of my Circles project at this meetup.

Best regards
Tobias

mw-flow
17 Aug 2011, 9:00 AM
Hello to all,

today, we're only 30 days away from the 3rd Sencha Meetup in the Munich area. Please save the date (September 16, 2011) and maybe talk to each other concerning transportation. (For those of you who participated last time: Please look into your Private Forum Messages inbox!)

See you all on Sept 16, 2011, in Hallbergmoos near Munich Airport.
Best regards
Markus

tobiu
2 Sep 2011, 4:15 AM
just 2 more weeks!

DiscoBoy
4 Sep 2011, 3:33 AM
Unfortunately won't make it this time because of holidays, but friday generally is a good day for these meetingsand I will come next time!

mw-flow
4 Sep 2011, 3:45 AM
DiscoBoy, ok, we'll drink an alcohol-free beer for you. Thanks for letting us know.

mw-flow
5 Sep 2011, 8:59 AM
Hey folks,
it's now only 11 days to go until our third Munich area meetup in Hallbergmoos near Munich airport. It would be really cool if you could all give a short statement if you're attending or not. Thanks a lot, have a nice evening!
Markus

idefix
5 Sep 2011, 10:12 PM
Dear all,

I'm in. Looking foward to seeing you all again.

mw-flow
7 Sep 2011, 4:43 AM
I'm in. Looking foward to seeing you all again.
Very nice, so far we are at least five people. Who else is in?

mw-flow
9 Sep 2011, 3:02 AM
The giveaway T-shirts for next week's @SenchaMUC #meetup have arrived. They're really nice! Thanks to James Pearce, our developer relations manager at Sencha, who organized this for us!

Looking forward to seeing u next week! Who's in? (Don't worry about transportation, you'll make it, with or without or help, it's not as complicated as the first posting in this thread suggests.)

mw-flow
15 Sep 2011, 8:05 AM
Hi folks,

just a last reminder: Tomorrow our (your!) Sencha Meetup takes place, see the first post of this thread. We'll have good talks (as always), beer, pizza, and Sencha T-Shirts.

BTW: Is anyone still reading this? >:)

Best regards
Markus

DiscoBoy
15 Sep 2011, 11:04 AM
A pitty I can't come, but wish you a fruitful evening! And please arrange next meeting on a friday again (Makes it in general a lot more easier to come, in my case ;-) )

thorben
16 Sep 2011, 12:05 AM
I'll be there, but probably a little late, we'll see.

mw-flow
16 Sep 2011, 1:28 AM
Everything will be easy: Enter through the main entrance, walk through that glass corridor to your right, then you'll already see the mentioned attached signpost :) The attached signpost will point from the broad main corridor to our smaller corridor (second door on the right).

The short-term parking spaces in front of the main entrance should be vacant by that time, use them (the 30min regulation is never enforced).

See you all tonight.

Twitter: http://goo.gl/6jVss

winkelmann
20 Sep 2011, 12:23 PM
Sadly I couldn't make it this time, looking forward to the next meetup though. Hope you all enjoyed yourself :)
I might even be able to present a release candidate of our new cms version by then after showing some of you guys the alpha last time.

DiscoBoy
8 Oct 2011, 4:42 AM
Was the date/loc for the next meeting already decided?

tobiu
8 Oct 2011, 9:53 AM
hi thomas,

the next date is not decided yet. probably in november.
we are also planning an sencha devellopers day for germany together with nils dehl (frankfurt meetup) and stephen friedrich (hamburg meetup), probably in frankfurt on a saturday.

best regards
tobias