PDA

View Full Version : Certification Program

santhoshkumarvarala
11 Aug 2011, 4:36 AM
Can we have certification programs for different levels for GXT, EXTJS, Sencha Touch and .io as we have java.

It helps level of understanding the technology??

thanks and regards,
V.Santhosh Kumar

jay@moduscreate.com
12 Aug 2011, 8:19 AM
Are you asking if it helps? Many would argue no.

mitchellsimoens
14 Aug 2011, 8:23 AM
I can see that it would help but talking to lots of devs and working with some that have a Masters... it doesn't mean anything either... I did not finish college but my skill was higher than someone with a Masters... personally, I think experience trumps a piece of paper. I have had many people ask to join Sencha... first question I ask is do you have any examples you can show me. I have 41 github repos right now, Sencha hired me without even asking about education or training as my examples (and recommendations) spoke for themselves.

mikesfweb
15 Aug 2011, 9:33 PM
Online Certificate Programs by School,

University of Phoenix - The University of Phoenix is the most well known online university in the World. They have an excellent reputation and hundreds of thousands graduating every year. They can assist you with all of your needs from several specialized certificate programs, associate's degrees, and much more. You may want to take a close look at their project management or nursing and healthcare certificate programs. The University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission which is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Cisco Certificates
Cisco certifications There are several levels of certification at cisco including:

CCENT Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician This is the lowest level of Cisco's certification and it covers all the basic networking principles. CCENT certified professionals can install, manage, and maintain a small business network this includes basic security needs.
CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate The CCNA designation signifies that the professional has moved from small to mid-size business networking skills. They have the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot enterprise level routers and switches.
CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional This is a step up from the CCNA and provides additional security training to the professional. In addition to all the skills picked up by CCNA's, CCNP's have the ability to setup VPN's and to leverage all of the security features of cisco routers and switches.
CCIE Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert The CCIE is the highest level of certification that Cisco offers. It signifies that the professional is fully trained in all aspects of cisco's technology and that they are ready to handle all the networking needs of a large enterprise. The CCIE is a highly coveted certification and extremely challenging to achieve.