PDA

View Full Version : Does the grid support keyboard-only row adding?

Todd K
16 Aug 2011, 10:00 AM
Hello,

I'm developing a web application which includes a fair bit of data entry. As such I've been looking for a good grid that will allow users to simply tab & type much like using Excel. So far the Sencha grid is the best I've seen. I'm wondering however if the grid allows for a simple empty row at the bottom that a user can tab to and type in to enter a new record, rather than having to grab the mouse and click "add" for every new row.

Todd K

skirtle
16 Aug 2011, 3:52 PM
I don't believe there's a setting to do this but it should be fairly straightforward to implement it yourself. All you'd need to do is add an extra blank record at the end of your store and add another one every time someone changes it.

ExtJS's keyboard support is pretty strong. Sencha take accessibility very seriously and a lot of the work on ExtJS 4 was to improve standards compliance in this area.

Todd K
17 Aug 2011, 7:31 AM
I was thinking that the blank record may be an option, but I just wanted to ask before either buying or spending the time to try it out. Since it sounds like a valid option maybe I'll spend a little time this week and prototype it.