PDA

View Full Version : Problems with taking my sencha touch app offline

buffalo billion
18 Aug 2011, 2:23 PM
I have a Sencha Touch app running on Tomcat (using remote storage via java service). All of the resources listed in the app.manifest file seem to load fine when online; no errors in the dev console. However, when I take it offline, I just get a blank page. I check the dev console in chrome, no errors, except the expected "Application Cache Error Event: Manifest fetch failed". I even set a breakpoint in the dev console in my app.js file, and it hits it in the launch function.

I know I have the mime type configured in Tomcat correctly. Does anyone have any ideas for other things I should be checking?

buffalo billion
19 Aug 2011, 7:27 AM
Here's more information. I have a similar app that I serve up from apache rather than from tomcat. I am able to run it offline successfully--no blank screen. So, it seems to be a tomcat-related issue. Has anyone successfully run a sencha app served from tomcat successfully offline?

buffalo billion
19 Aug 2011, 9:55 AM
Found the problem--turns out it was not tomcat-related. I am using a bundle plugin to read .properties files for i18n. Sencha code was appending parameters--specifically _dc and limit--to the GET requests, and since the _dc one in particular is a random number and is meant as a cache-buster, the properties files were not being cached correctly.

Solution is to add noCache : false to the proxy.