PDA

View Full Version : Android Fixes mentioned in sticky...

Bucs
19 Aug 2011, 5:31 AM
Does anyone know what Touch version the Android fixes mentioned by Jackie in the stickie above are incorporated into? Are they already incorporated into the public 1.1 version? I have that running in about 4 applications and still have many problems on the Android platform, especially the HTC.

Thanks

fx-mike
19 Aug 2011, 6:34 AM
According to the post in the sticky, these fixes will be in 2.x

Bucs
19 Aug 2011, 6:47 AM
Thanks fx-mike, wasn't sure if major meant 1.1 or 2.0. Are there any updates anywhere as to when this update will be out? And do premium members have access to a prelim code base that would include these fixes?

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
19 Aug 2011, 7:12 AM
We are working on a 1.1.1 release as well. 1.x will be supported when 2.0 comes out like we do for Ext JS. Most development is going for 2.0 as it will be an amazing release but we aren't forgetting the 1.x branch. 1.1.1 is suppose to have many Android fixes.

Bucs
19 Aug 2011, 7:19 AM
Hey mitchell, god to hear from ya! Really looking forward to new release and what it has to offer. Upper mgmt made the decision to move away from the Touch product due to numerous issues with the platform, and especially the Android support, so I haven't been around for awhile.

From what I understand, the new Android keyboard offered in the latest release is wreaking havoc on apps as well, scrolling the app to the top etc, no way to make it recede...etc.

In any event, I know you guys get pelted with timing questions, but any ballpark numbers on when 1.1.1 or 2.0 will be released?

Thanks!

mitchellsimoens
19 Aug 2011, 7:21 AM
Not sure about 1.1.1 honestly but preview of 2.0 is just a month away! Saw a demo of it on Monday... a lot faster! Biggest problem with Ext JS 4.x has been top priority for 2.0 ;)