PDA

View Full Version : Ext Designer returning 'not well formed' error on exported pages

avMartin
24 Aug 2011, 4:03 AM
I'm getting an error in firefox when trying to load a project I created from ext designer. Basicly I create a new file in ext designer, put one label in saying 'hello world' and then save and export the file. When I try to load up the file in firefox i get the error:

Error: not well-formed
Source File: file:///C:/app/view/MyLabel.js?_dc=1314187186312
Line: 1, Column: 1
Source Code:
/*

When I look at the file creating the error, it contains this:

/*
* File: app/view/MyLabel.js * Date: Wed Aug 24 2011 12:57:30 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
* This file was generated by Ext Designer version 1.2.0.
* http://www.sencha.com/products/designer/
* This file will be generated the first time you export.
* You should implement event handling and custom methods in this
* class.
*/

Ext.define('MyApp.view.MyLabel', {
extend: 'MyApp.view.ui.MyLabel',
initComponent: function() {
var me = this;
me.callParent(arguments);
}
});

I've checked that all the files are being loaded correctly (no 404 errors anywhere). Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

thanks for any help

avMartin
24 Aug 2011, 6:05 AM
It looks as if this may be a similar error to this one:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?138536-c-is-not-a-constructor-message-at-the-very-first-example

as I'm also getting that error message after the 'not well-formed' message I described. Is there anyone that solved that problem? All I'm getting right now is those 2 error messages and a blank screen.

skirtle
26 Aug 2011, 11:26 PM
Try viewing the JS file in a hex/byte viewer. Maybe there are BOMs at the start of that first line that are screwing things up.

Try it in other browsers. Diagnostically that can be very enlightening.

Try putting charset="UTF-8" on the script tag.

Have you tried serving this up using a webserver rather than just directly off the filesystem?

basilmcdonnell
5 Nov 2011, 4:20 PM
I had this problem. Running from a web server instead of running off the file system fixes it.