PDA

View Full Version : "You are using a ServerProxy but have not supplied it with a url" - but I have

lisper
24 Aug 2011, 12:09 PM
My code:

Ext.define('MyApp.store.Users', {
extend: 'Ext.data.Store',

model: 'MyApp.model.User',

proxy: {
type: 'rest',
url : '/test/jsontest',
reader: {
type: 'json',
root: 'users'
}
},
autoLoad: true

});

So here's the weird thing. I can do this:

var u = Ext.data.StoreManager.lookup('Users')
u.save()

and that works. If I have N User objects in the store, I get N JSON POST requests to the server. But if I do this:

u.getAt(n).save()

it gives me the error in the subject line. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Thx.

jay@moduscreate.com
24 Aug 2011, 6:46 PM
That error does not exist in 4.0.6+ :)

lisper
24 Aug 2011, 8:44 PM
OK, am I missing something really basic then? The latest version I see on the download page is 4.0.2a, which is the version I'm running.

mattopenstack
4 Sep 2011, 1:49 AM
Lisper,

Dont worry, its not you that's missing something it's Sencha, I'd like to call it a business brain.

4.0.2 is the latest version for commercial evaluation yet has critical bugs like that one you spotted, and yet they continue not to acknowledge them in any visible form or update the evaluation package. I mean seriously after wasting a few hours its hardly a positive evaluation. I hoping I can terminate our evaluation on Monday

In this case this can be fixed by editing line 942 in Model.js

getProxy: function() {
return (this.store || {}).proxy || this.proxy;
}

Not sure how that fits with the released version. Probably violating some Sencha rules here.

<snip> loving the helpful response from long time extjs users</snip>

And yikes I knew uptake of ExtJS wasnt one of its strong points but this bug manifests itself in so many ways, and yet its only been reported? WTF? Anyone building RIAs in Extjs 4?

lisper
4 Sep 2011, 9:14 AM
Dont worry, its not you that's missing something it's Sencha, I'd like to call it a business brain.

Hmmm... this is disturbing, but consistent with my experience. Case in point: if you want to buy a support contract without buying a commercial license the pricing page says to contact them for a quote. So I did. They not only didn't give me a quote, they told me that (and this is an exact quote) "our Sencha commercial agreement ... prohibits the use of GPL prior to purchasing a commercial license." Funnily enough, that actually turns out to be true (http://www.sencha.com/legal/sencha-commercial-software-license-agreement):

If You, or another third party, has, at any time, developed all (or any portions of) the Application(s) using the GPL Version, You may not combine such development work with the Software and must license such Application(s) (or any portions derived there from) under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3

Why they would put a clause like that in their commercial license I cannot begin to imagine.

mattopenstack
4 Sep 2011, 9:34 AM
Yeah its a fcuked up license agreement, and whilst parts of the package are good, the fact they want people to waste a Sunday debugging known problems whilst not only holding back the fixes but also any change logs to indicate a framework problem is disgusting during a commercial evaluation. Roll on Monday's discussion about greener plains. I would personally kick their business/commercial manager in the balls. That clause on a second read is damn right scary, I worked with the gpl version as a little experiment (2 days) a few months ago, WTF?? Surely that cant be right..

FlaminPhoenix
14 Sep 2011, 11:31 PM
Do Sencha even test their framework once before releasing?

Id say 4.x versions of sencha are in alpha right now, not even beta.. There are so many problems with the framework as of 4.x that Im not even going to start listing them here. If you ve been reading users posts complaining about quality of code lately, you wouldve been smart enough to correct these trivial problems before rushing with the 4.x releases.

Looks like Sencha cares only about money now.

dobberph
19 Nov 2011, 1:07 PM
The problem still exists in ExtJS 4.0.7

I think I have the same problem: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?156193-uncaught-exception-You-are-using-a-ServerProxy-but-have-not-supplied-it-with-a-url.

Perhaps you can look at this code also, if it another problem.

Thanks a lot,
dobberph

nkezhaya
17 Dec 2011, 1:47 PM
I'm also experiencing this problem. This is critical core functionality that appears to be broken.

Has nobody even bothered looking into this yet? I'm using 4.0.7 and the problem is still occurring.

Is there a workaround? The one listed above did not help me.

Seems to work with Ext.data.Store, but Ext.data.JsonStore still throws the error.

MichalHolub
11 Apr 2012, 6:06 AM
same here, help appreciated. it is a roadblocker for me.

justinzane
14 May 2012, 2:31 PM
Same here using 4.1. Ext.data.JsonStore causes the "Ext.data.proxy.Server.buildUrl(): You are using a ServerProxy but have not supplied it with a url." error for me. The app runs fine, but the "sencha" build tool will not run.

oodrive
24 May 2012, 12:55 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem with the 4.0.7 version.

I have found a workaround solution.

You can replace

store.load({ node: node });

by

node.removeAll(false);
store.load({clearOnLoad: false, node: node});

Sebastian