PDA

View Full Version : Ext.window's losing their centering

flatbugz
31 Aug 2011, 9:26 AM
Has anybody else experienced this? Our window's, be they Ext.window.Window, or Ext.window.MessageBox (i.e. alerts), tend to lose their centering. This is particularly frustrating because I had a Window centered properly, but only after I wrote some other un-related (I though) code, did my Window either start to render in the bottom left corner, or actually disappear altogether.

Please consider the before and during/after screenshots of the case with an alert we want to popup if somebody clicks the "Finish" icon for an already finished task. Anybody else experiencing this? If not, I wonder if it might have to do with the fact that, as you might be able to tell from the screen shots, we are using the "desktop" paradigm.

skirtle
1 Sep 2011, 12:43 PM
How are you creating your desktop? Is it based on the standard demo or have you implemented it yourself? Are you rendering your desktop in a particularly atypical fashion? Do you have any CSS rules that you're applying to, for example, the body element of the page that may cause this issue.

Does this happen in different browsers?

Try inspecting the CSS styling for the misplaced window in a debugger. Any of Firebug, Chrome or the IE debugger will do. See if you can figure out at a CSS level why the window is being rendered there. Figuring out the problem at an ExtJS level will hopefully follow...

flatbugz
2 Sep 2011, 8:34 AM
To some extent it was my own code, though a colleague is having a similar issue. Not really sure exactly what caused the issue, I sort of went back to square one, and copied/pasted my code back in a bit at a time, and the problem did not re-manifest itself. Thanks though, and maybe we will re-post as to the specific nature of my colleagues problem.