PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch Map & iTunes App Submission

CitePaul
1 Sep 2011, 6:24 AM
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Sencha and Sench Touch but am impressed with what I've seen. I've recently built a mobile app in combination with PhoneGap which I've submitted to the iTunes store via iTunes Connect.

Unfortunately after over a week of waiting my app has been rejected, the reason being that the app doesn't give credit to Google on the map view.

"We found that your app, and/or its metadata, displays images provided by Google Maps without the associated Google branding."

"Google requires their logo and branding to be retained on all their map images; this requirement is reflected in the App Store Review Guidelines. For reference, you can view Google's terms of service."

I find this a bit strange as I've used a Sencha Touch Map card with various points plotted. In the bottom-left corner I can see the Google logo with the copyright credit displayed bottom-right.

I've replied to Apple asking why this is the case as I can see everything in place. As they take a while to respond, I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across a similar issue when submitting an app for review?

Thanks

imwill
7 Sep 2011, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that.
How did this case develop so far? :s

CitePaul
8 Sep 2011, 12:09 AM
I received a response from Apple this morning and they have accepted the app at last :)

I didn't modify any of the code or even upload a new binary, it seems they must of come to their senses and realised the app didn't invalidate any terms after all.

A strange one, but at least it's live now!