PDA

View Full Version : General APP advice - Calculator type app?

jamie-c
1 Sep 2011, 10:05 AM
I'm starting work on a calculator type app and just have a very general question about it. I'm still pretty new to sencha touch and want to make sure I'm heading in the right direction.

Here is a mock-up of the app:

I'm thinking I'd use Forms to build this, is that correct?

The numbers with the white background "Pounds per hour", "Processing hours per day", "Virgin" etc. are changeable. When you touch them the keyboard should pop-up so you can change the number. After changing numbers the user should press the "enter" button and the numbers with the non-white background will update accordingly.

thanks
jamie

SimonFlack
1 Sep 2011, 10:42 AM
Forms should be fine for the top 4 boxes... You will probably have to build a custom component for the bottom summary box. Styling forms is also a pain but you can achieve what you have mocked up here.

eyepoker
1 Sep 2011, 2:22 PM
i did a calculator-type app a few weeks ago... the summary screen consisted of html (css layout)- built/styled as needed then displayed as the html of a panel. That approach is doable - it does deviate from the Sencha way of things but for what this is, why not? Thoughts on that approach?

jamie-c
2 Sep 2011, 9:45 AM
Thanks for the thoughts. At least I know I'm on the right track. I have no problem using html within a sencha touch app if it gets the job done. I'll see how this works out.

Thanks again.
jamie