PDA

View Full Version : MVC Question

stratboogie
1 Sep 2011, 10:06 AM
I have an app that I am converting from 3.x to Ext4 MVC. I have everything working, but I have a question as to the best way to handle something. I have a nav tree with about 45 pagesthat a user can click on. When they click on a Navitem I need to load that Panel into the TabPanel. Obviously I would like to do this dynamically. I know I could require all the controllers when the app launches but I do feel that is the best. What do some of you suggest would be the best practice here?

Thanks
Tim

arthurakay
1 Sep 2011, 1:19 PM
Personally, I would include all Controllers on app launch.

However, the answer really depends on your application. If requiring all Controllers at startup results in loading too many dependencies (hurting performance), obviously you should implement a different solution.

stratboogie
2 Sep 2011, 6:12 AM
Personally, I would include all Controllers on app launch.

However, the answer really depends on your application. If requiring all Controllers at startup results in loading too many dependencies (hurting performance), obviously you should implement a different solution.

Yeah that would be over 40 dependencies at launch. WHen the user may only want to open one tab.