PDA

View Full Version : how to dynamically load a chart

dancha
5 Sep 2011, 4:17 AM
I am modifying data in a store for a chart so that it animates to a new line graph from an old one. It's kind of like 'if i apply this filter to this data the graph looks like this.....' sort of thing. I've figured out that I don't want to directly iterate through the underlying data in a store for a chart because it tries to redraw for each change I make which creates a serious drag on the performance because I have like 100 points on the line.

Question is this. Is there a way for the charting to NOT redraw until I tell it to while I'm manipulating the underlying store? I'm basically using a swap array and loading it all into the store at the moment (see http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?135037-API-Documentation-Content-Bugs/page21 #206).

Which works fine, but would rather just iterate directly over the underlying store, because there doesn't seem to be a reverse of the loadData function which will extract it in the format it needs to be loaded.

I'm guessing what I'm doing is not new, and there is a preferred way to do it. Basically the data in a chart is being operated on and I don't want to draw during operation....anyone know how to do?