PDA

View Full Version : ASP.NET MVC 3 & EXT JS 4.0 CRUD operations outside a grid

Carlos F. Montano
6 Sep 2011, 8:23 AM
Hi,

I am having trouble hooking up all the events needed to display a form once the user double clicks on a grid, which should display the row's info, plus a save (to insert and to update), cancel, and delete the row (normal minimal CRUD operations). I am new to EXT JS and am using ASP.NET MVC 3 on the back-end. Have reviewed the examples at Sencha but none do what we need.

I'd appreciate the help if you have something similar. I have the models, the stores (using ajax) but do not even know how to pass the arguments to the store! Do get data on the grid, was able to convert the datafields, but my search button does not call the store as it should.

Thanks again

Carlos F. Montano:-?

skirtle
7 Sep 2011, 11:36 PM
A few suggestions for getting help...

Take it one step at a time. Your current problem reads 'How do I write my app?'. This is far too vague and unlikely to get a decent answer. Pick out one specific problem. Check that none of the standard examples cover that specific problem. Have a read through the relevant API docs, see if any of the methods or events sound like they might be the one you're looking for.

When you do come to post your question, make sure you give as much relevant information as possible. It can often help to post some example code showing what you've already got. Where possible, code examples should be short but complete demonstrations of where your problem lies. Be sure to post any code in CODE tags.

Generally it's not necessary to mention what server-side framework you're using, that will often put people off helping you. If your question concerns communication with the server then it suffices to describe the relevant parts of the HTTP interface: the URL format, the parameters and the response format. Details of the implementation on the server are largely irrelevant unless you're trying to explain why you're using a particular format.

My general advice for ExtJS newcomers is:

Learn JavaScript properly. Read a book.
Get an IDE that does syntax checking.
Learn how to use debuggers such as Firebug or the Chrome Developer Tools.
Don't be afraid of looking at the ExtJS source code to understand problems.
Don't be afraid of CSS for making styling changes.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Carlos F. Montano
10 Sep 2011, 9:10 AM
Thank you so much.

;)

Indeed I read some of the API Docs and found my answer. I also have been using the Google Chrome Development Tools and they are great! I would not be here today without them.

Thanks again for your suggestions and now feel I know a little bit more about Ext JS 4.0, and am in the process of learning more each day. I've made great use of your API docs excellent documentation web site. Thanks so much for putting it together for us developers.

Carlos F. Montano