PDA

View Full Version : terrible payed support + release 1.1.1 still missing

andreik65
7 Sep 2011, 11:32 PM
We payed for Sencha Touch support, we opened a ticket on August 27th, we received a first (NON) answer few days later, we explained again our issue on Septmber 2nd but we are still waiting for a reply (and obviuosly still waiting for a fix of our issue).

Furthemore, the Sencha Touch download page is still referencing release 1.1.1 but, in actual fact, it's still not available, even though we are Sencha Support subscribers.

I'm sorry to hijack this forum, but I wanted to make this public.

A.

mitchellsimoens
8 Sep 2011, 5:36 AM
The 1.1.1 release was borked by us, I will admit to this. We pulled it from the support portal but the download page is incorrectly showing, we forgot to change that.

Now, to the real problem here. What is the ticket number so I can find out who is on the ticket and get some activity on that ticket and escalate internally?

andreik65
8 Sep 2011, 7:59 AM
Do not take this personally, but by asking me the ticket number you are:

- exposing me to possible retortions;

- implying that you have such a bad support that one has to write in a public forum in order to get Sencha support attention;

- implying that Sencha support does not have any serious tools able to get reports on ticket status, how may are waiting for a reply, how long a ticket has been opened and waiting for an answer, etc. This data should be collected and dispatched automatically to your support personell and when violating a SLA, to the management staff.

Regards,
A.

p.s. http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/download/ still refers to release 1.1.1

p.p.s Sencha Touch appears to be such a commercially successful project (you can say it by the number of posts in this discussion thread, almost 25000). It's obvious that there's a big momentum for this kind of technology. Why Sencha does not put extra efforts into it?

mitchellsimoens
8 Sep 2011, 8:12 AM
- exposing me to possible retortions;

If you want me to get ahold of whomever dropped the ball... I need to know the ticket number.

- implying that you have such a bad support that one has to write in a public forum in order to get Sencha support attention;

In a perfect world this wouldn't have happened but it did. Help me figure out what ticket you are talking about so I can take care of this situation. I'm not just talking about solving the ticket, I'm talking about making sure people keep up on their tickets.

- implying that Sencha support does not have any serious tools able to get reports on ticket status, how may are waiting for a reply, how long a ticket has been opened and waiting for an answer, etc. This data should be collected and dispatched automatically to your support personell and when violating a SLA, to the management staff.

Same as my other replies.

p.s. http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/download/ still refers to release 1.1.1

I have sent this up internally, just takes time as the people who have access are in California so when I sent the email, it was still early there.

p.p.s Sencha Touch appears to be such a commercially successful project (you can say it by the number of posts in this discussion thread, almost 25000). It's obvious that there's a big momentum for this kind of technology. Why Sencha does not put extra efforts into it?

We have hired many people and are organizing things. Yes, Sencha products are very popular and we are reacting to problems as fast as we can.

On a personal note, I'm not taking anything personal. I'm just trying to get all information as soon as I can so that I can go forth with how to deal with it. I don't want this to happen and I am very sorry it did. I'm trying to solve it, really am.

mitchellsimoens
8 Sep 2011, 8:22 AM
Just attempted to search but I don't know your name (couldn't find anything under your forum name). I looked at tickets with last activity after August 27th but I can't be for sure it is yours. If you don't want to send ticket number or your name on the forum, you can PM me here or email me.... mitchell.simoens_at_sencha.com

andreik65
8 Sep 2011, 9:01 AM
Ok, I've sent the email with the ticket number.

Also, now the link to version 1.1.1 in support portal is working and I was able to download it. Eager to have a look at it.

Thanks.
A.

mitchellsimoens
8 Sep 2011, 9:55 AM
I got the email and posted a reply in the support portal... let me know if I understood it correctly or if you did find a solution yourself. I have also started a conversation internally about this.

mitchellsimoens
8 Sep 2011, 1:05 PM
Still wanting Sencha Touch 1.1.1? May want to take a quick look at the support portal again :D

hitman01
9 Sep 2011, 6:12 AM
I got the latest version of Sencha of SVN, is it the same as 1.1.1?
Sorry to lazy to compare.

mitchellsimoens
9 Sep 2011, 6:15 AM
I got the latest version of Sencha of SVN, is it the same as 1.1.1?
Sorry to lazy to compare.

Should be