PDA

View Full Version : load data dynamically on a formpanel in table layout

kdeshmukh
14 Sep 2011, 12:43 AM
Hi ,

I wanted to How to go about this . I am only a newbie . is the only way to do it is to load the data in a store?

sven
14 Sep 2011, 12:57 AM
You can use FormBinding for this. You do not have to use a Store, however if you use one the changes are done over a Record instead of directly to the bound model.

kdeshmukh
14 Sep 2011, 1:23 AM
I have no clue what that is. Let me explain my situation. I have a form with 2 labels :

Label1: A
Label2: B

I am retrieving A and B from a database. I now want to display them at the positions showed above . How do I do it?

Colin Alworth
15 Sep 2011, 8:37 AM
Take a look through the docs, and the examples, to see if this idea is already implemented. Sven's suggestions of FormBinding is demoed here: http://www.sencha.com/examples/explorer.html#basicbinding. Note that the source for the example is available in the second tab. The LabelField will work like the other text fields, but will not allow the user to edit the data.

Note also that ExtGWT doesn't use tables by default for most layouts, as there are almost always better/faster ways of drawing content. If you actually want a <table> to wrap your content, not just that basic label: value appearance, you may need to implement some of these details on your own.