PDA

View Full Version : Sencha website menu annoyance

halcwb
19 Sep 2011, 1:55 AM
Using Chrome (version 14.0.835.163) I sometimes experience an annoying behavior when I want to select a menu item from the Sencha website top menu. The moment I hover over the item, the drop down menu disappears. It is like that silly game where you have to click something and the item is programmed to move on click.

mitchellsimoens
19 Sep 2011, 4:51 AM
Using Chrome (version 14.0.835.163) I sometimes experience an annoying behavior when I want to select a menu item from the Sencha website top menu. The moment I hover over the item, the drop down menu disappears. It is like that silly game where you have to click something and the item is programmed to move on click.

We have had reports of this in the past with Chrome but we found it very hard to debug. It would happen and then if you refresh it wouldn't anymore.

halcwb
22 Sep 2011, 12:53 AM
We have had reports of this in the past with Chrome but we found it very hard to debug. It would happen and then if you refresh it wouldn't anymore.

It happens with mac os x 10.6.8 and Chrome 14.0.835.186

mitchellsimoens
22 Sep 2011, 4:55 AM
It happens with mac os x 10.6.8 and Chrome 14.0.835.186

I actually had it happen again to me yesterday randomly. We have someone investigating it again. After a refresh it went away so it's hard to debug it.

flatbugz
22 Sep 2011, 6:05 AM
I actually had it happen again to me yesterday randomly. We have someone investigating it again. After a refresh it went away so it's hard to debug it.

Thanks for taking this under consideration. It happened to me yesterday randomly too. I was ready to report it, but of course when I got ready to do so, it stopped doing it ;)

PS for me it was Chrome on Windows 7

12ftguru
24 Sep 2011, 6:59 AM
This is typically a css issue with Chrome. The menu in chrome appears one pixel below the menu header, instead of right up against it. This means that when your mouse moves down to the menu it is out of contact for that one pixel of space. This is triggering the mouse exit event and hiding the menu.

Scoot the menu up one pixel for Chrome browsers and this will probably go away.

mitchellsimoens
24 Sep 2011, 10:59 AM
This is typically a css issue with Chrome. The menu in chrome appears one pixel below the menu header, instead of right up against it. This means that when your mouse moves down to the menu it is out of contact for that one pixel of space. This is triggering the mouse exit event and hiding the menu.

Scoot the menu up one pixel for Chrome browsers and this will probably go away.

Nice idea except the problem is why does it happen only once. Refresh and the problem goes away.

powellke
20 Apr 2012, 12:40 PM
I've seen the issue with the menu in the past but now there seems to be a bigger issue with sencha.com in Chrome (18.0.1025.162 m) on Windows 7. When I click on any of the links in the main navigation menu (Products, Support, Training, Company, Blog, Store, and Contact), the only links that work for me are Blog and Contact. When I click on the other links, the address bar changes and the page usually "freezes". Sometimes it will go to a blank white page. If I then refresh the page, it always results in a blank white page. I can view source and it looks like everything is there.