PDA

View Full Version : Converting from JSON to MySQL

JaredRitchey
25 Sep 2011, 12:42 PM
Would you say its a good idea to build my project using the JSON method in the tutorials, then convert to MySQL once I'm satisfied with the design or is this the wrong approach?

catalin.ciobanu
25 Sep 2011, 11:04 PM
If you intend NOT to use the internal GWT servlet, it looks like a good approach (I am currently using JSON for my project).
Otherwise I would use beans.

JaredRitchey
26 Sep 2011, 2:49 AM
Yeah I'm using the EXT Designer and once the layout is done I'll hire someone to connect the dots. For now I'll use JSON to test things.

Colin Alworth
26 Sep 2011, 8:33 AM
EXT Designer doesn't (as far as I am aware) work with GXT - perhaps you might be better served asking in a different forum?

JaredRitchey
26 Sep 2011, 10:18 AM
Colin will I be okay then in creating the user interface and such to later have the code worked out for CRUD code?

Colin Alworth
29 Sep 2011, 5:25 AM
I don't know anything about the Ext Designer, except that it doesn't work with the GXT library - I think you are posting in the wrong forum. There are forums for the designer, you might want to try there instead, or in the ExtJS forums.

If this is just a prototype, stick to what works - is Json works, your are probably okay. If you were actually working with GXT (notice that this is in the "GXT: Open Discussion" forum), you would probably find RPC much easier to start with.

JaredRitchey
29 Sep 2011, 5:40 AM
Thanks sincerely I'll post in the other forum.