PDA

View Full Version : Detecting the value of a checkbox in a grid header

ssinai
11 Oct 2011, 2:32 PM
I'm using a CheckboxSelectionModel to create a column of checkboxes in a grid.

I'm using the onHeaderClick(GridEvent<M> se) method to detect when the checkbox in the column header is clicked, but I can't figure out how to detect whether the header checkbox was just selected or deselected. Does anyone know how to do this?

micgala
12 Oct 2011, 12:03 AM
Hi. If you check the onHeaderClick implementation, you will see how it checks that:

protected void onHeaderClick(GridEvent<M> e) {
El hd = e.getTargetEl().getParent();
boolean isChecked = hd.hasStyleName("x-grid3-hd-checker-on");

ssinai
13 Oct 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks. Now I need to be able to override the CheckedBoxSelectionModel's updateHeaderCheckBox() and setChecked(boolean checked) methods so that I can control whether the checkbox in the column header is checked or not. Unfortunately, both those methods are declared private, so I can't override their behavior.

The issue is that I have a grid spread across several pages, and use a PagingToolBar to move between pages. The column header checkbox for a particular page is deselected if any of the checkboxes in the grid on the current page are deselected, but I need to be able to deselect the header checkbox if a checkbox on any page is deselected - not just the visible page.

If those two methods were declared protected or public rather than private, I'd be in good shape. The private declarations are really screwing me up.