PDA

View Full Version : No source code is available for type.. ; did you forget to inherit a required module?

puja_wijaksono
11 Oct 2011, 6:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I just wanna ask about error message that I've got.. maybe one of you have experienced the same problem like this message. Share with me please..:s what's wrong about it??
This is it..:

[ERROR] Errors in 'file:/E:/trunk/WebDesktop2/src/com/extjs/gxt/samples/desktop/server/CustomerEntryImpl.java'
[ERROR] Line 25: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 33: No source code is available for type java.sql.Connection; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 34: No source code is available for type java.sql.Statement; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 40: No source code is available for type java.sql.ResultSet; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 67: No source code is available for type java.sql.PreparedStatement; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 815: No source code is available for type java.text.DecimalFormat; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 898: No source code is available for type java.sql.SQLException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR] Line 1472: No source code is available for type java.sql.Types; did you forget to inherit a required module?

Thanks in advice :)

Colin Alworth
17 Oct 2011, 6:27 AM
From your error it appears you are trying to use the CustomerEntryImpl class from the client side code, even though that class is in the server package. That class extends a servlet (RemoteServiceServlet), and web browsers cannot run servlets.

Check your module files to make sure you are not adding <source> tags to point to any package which has server code in it, and make sure not to reference server classes from your client code.