PDA

View Full Version : How to limit search to a forum group

marc.fearby
19 Oct 2011, 4:18 PM
How can I limit my forum searches to just the three Ext Designer forums? I know how to search each one individually, but not the three of them. If I search all forums on this site, I find I end up wading through too much irrelevant stuff.

Thanks.

zombeerose
20 Oct 2011, 9:32 AM
You must use the Advanced Search, which is available under the "Search Forum" menu (top right quadrant) when you are in a single forum (not a thread). From the advanced UI, you have the option of picking 1 to many forums to search under Additional Options.

Hope that makes sense.

marc.fearby
20 Oct 2011, 1:46 PM
Thanks. It does. That listbox of forums to choose is a little microscopic for my liking, but at least I have the option, I guess. I wish I could hide or shrink certain forums in the main list so that I don't have to scroll past them. I'm not interested in GXT or Touch and their presense simply adds to the annoyince in getting to the forum I want. yes, I could bookmark and use those, but I'm lazy :-) With the addition of Japanese forums and Ext 1 and 2 on the page, the list is too big for most users, I think. Thanks again.

marc.fearby
20 Oct 2011, 2:51 PM
I've tried saving my search preferences so that it will remember which forums I wish to search in future, but it will only remember one item from the list of forums. If I Ctrl+Click on several, and save preferences, and come back, only the first one gets saved :-(