PDA

View Full Version : sencha: command not found

manilodisan
4 Nov 2011, 8:03 AM
I installed the linux version of the SDK tools and when I open a command line window and type sencha it says: sencha: command not found

I even installed with sudo in front of it to make sure I'm not doing it wrong. Installer works ok, it creates the uninstaller and everything but 'sencha' is not found. Any idea why is that?

mitchellsimoens
4 Nov 2011, 11:51 AM
Your path didn't get updated?

manilodisan
4 Nov 2011, 2:58 PM
Probably not, how do I check?

bclinton
10 Nov 2011, 2:08 AM
I'm not a linux guru, but maybe the problem is that you used sudo to install the tools so it updated the root user's path and not the user you are logged in as when trying to use the tools?

Try this:

sudo su
echo $PATH

and see if the path is set there.

You probably just need to do this to get things to work (when logged in as your normal user):

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/command:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/appbuilder:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/jsbuilder

(adjusting that for any differences in your actual path)

heisenburger
22 Nov 2013, 1:02 PM
Hmm, I don't have this problem when I am my own user ... but I do when I try to run sencha cmd as root with
sudo sencha This is problematic when I try to run the tutorial command
sencha fs web -p 80 start -map /path/to/sencha/folder/ because I get errors that my jetty server can't start because the permission is denied... I'm sure it's simple to get the command to be recognized by the sudo user (Ubuntu!).