PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Android tabbar flickering

Sondergard
8 Nov 2011, 7:21 AM
I have a fairly simple situation with two tabs. Both tabs have a standard Sencha Touch SASS implemented icon on.

The first tab has some html and 2 panels, and the other tab window is empty.

Whenever i switch between the tabs, is looks like the tab icons are reloading.( a small black or white box appears for about a sec before the actual icons re-appears).

Is this a bug or does anyone know how to fix this?

Jacky Nguyen
8 Nov 2011, 1:24 PM
Can you confirm you're using Sencha Touch 2.0, not 1.x?

Sondergard
8 Nov 2011, 1:34 PM
I use Sencha Touch 2.0 DP1

Sondergard
2 Dec 2011, 2:07 AM
The problem still occur in DP2 and seems to be a masking issue.

Is this bug being addressed in DP3?

xyrer
23 Jan 2012, 11:57 AM
This problem persist as of today with pr3, happens to me when I load remote data into a list and then change tabs, compiled with phonegap 1.2 for android.

rdougan
23 Jan 2012, 3:04 PM
Which version of Android, Phonegap and what device?

xyrer
23 Jan 2012, 3:14 PM
android 2.3.7, phonegap 1.2, motorola defy.

It doesn't happen when the data is not loaded in the list.

rdougan
23 Jan 2012, 3:15 PM
Okay. I've moved this to the bug forum and added it as a bug. We'll take a look.

Could you provide a simple testcase to make it easier for us?

Thanks.

xyrer
25 Jan 2012, 1:58 PM
Pretty cool to see this got fixed :D, but very sad to know we can't access the fix yet (:|

rdougan
25 Jan 2012, 4:39 PM
Unfortunately it is not fixed, well at least, we haven't been able to reproduce it.

xyrer
26 Jan 2012, 12:58 PM
Oh, I saw it got fixed on top of the thread. I can provide an apk, as essentially it is a zip file, it can be opened and all code (not very good one, I'm not very experienced) is available in assets/www.

I know this doesn't happen in a regular browser and it can be a phonegap incompatibility problem, but as I tried to compile with the sencha sdk and got the icon problem, I don't have many other options.

siebmanb
7 Aug 2012, 11:32 AM
I can confirm that it is not fixed in the current Sencha Touch 2 release. Any idea on why or any clue on what the fix was (maybe the fix got erased) ?

Thanks