PDA

View Full Version : GXT Grid Printing ??

chalu
10 Nov 2011, 7:42 PM
Please who can help me with printing a GXT Grid as explained here : http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?154413-How-To-Print-A-Grid-Component-In-New-Browser-Window.
I think where I am stuck now is how to pass the GXT Grid component to the ExtJs plugin, I am trying to obtain the id of the GXT Grid and then pass it to the ExtJs plugin. However neither getId() nor getItemId() on the GXT Grid has worked, they both produce "undefined" meaning that ExtJs cannot see any component with the id or itemId that our GXT Grid has

Thanks in advance.

WesleyMoy
14 Nov 2011, 3:48 PM
The library you linked to is designed for use with Ext JS. It works by using custom renderers for Ext JS grids and trees. You use the library by passing in a component instance.

Ext GWT is built on GWT and is designed to take advantage of the unique features of GWT. To do this, the components are reimplemented in Java. This allows the GWT compiler to take Java code and optimize and otherwise rewrite the resulting JavaScript. As a result, Ext GWT components are not interchangeable with Ext JS components at the JavaScript level.

This probably means that the most straightforward way to replicate the results of this library with Ext GWT is to port the logic directly to Java instead of writing a JSNI wrapper.

chalu
14 Nov 2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks a lot, I am doing that already and the progress is encouraging.