PDA

View Full Version : Exporting & code view in preview release?

robboerman
14 Nov 2011, 4:54 AM
Hi guys,

I am trying out the Designer 2 preview. In the trial, the code view and export functions have been disabled it seems. I thought the SenchaCon attendees would receive an actual working licence (limited?).

Testing the quality of the code that is generated to see how it can be included in actual projects is crucial for testing out and evaluating the product. Are there any plans to add this to the preview release soon?

Thanks,
Rob

CaliLuke
14 Nov 2011, 4:30 PM
Hi guys,

I am trying out the Designer 2 preview. In the trial, the code view and export functions have been disabled it seems. I thought the SenchaCon attendees would receive an actual working licence (limited?).

Testing the quality of the code that is generated to see how it can be included in actual projects is crucial for testing out and evaluating the product. Are there any plans to add this to the preview release soon?

Thanks,
Rob

The preview is not coming back, you need to run your application using a webserver, either local or remote. All code is generated on the fly in the project's folder, you can take a look at it there.

Later on we're going to add an option to select a different "deployment" URL and other workflow enhancing features but for now it's going to be a bit awkward.

stewardsencha
17 Feb 2012, 3:25 PM
So what is the equivalent of "export"?

When I "deploy" I get taken to the settings window and the deploy path is red squiggled.

I tried a couple of paths but it's squiggles all the way down.

No export no preview no fun.

What did I miss please?

aconran
17 Feb 2012, 3:32 PM
Any path that isn't within the project directory itself should be fine. Ideally to a webserver of your choice (or preparing to upload to a webserver)