PDA

View Full Version : [NOREPRO] Ext.Date / Date is always 'invalid date'

Tobias2200
20 Nov 2011, 12:47 PM
I am working with a RESTful JSON-Webservice that delivers dates like this 'endDate=2011-11-15T00:00:00+01:00'.
When I simply set the 'type' to 'date' in the model, the automatic parsing works in Chrome, but not on mobile devices.

After some testing I found out that although the parsing works in Chrome, the __proto__ object of the date field states "Invalid Date". I guess that the mobile browser (android 2.2) does not parse this "invalid date".

To reproduce simply execute the following, then look at the objects in Developer Tools.

var showtimestr = Ext.Date.format(new Date(), "Y-m-d\\TH:i:sP");
var showtime = Ext.Date.parse(showtimestr, "Y-m-d\\TH:i:sP");

showtimestr will be fine, and in Chrome showtime will also be fine, but the __proto__ field states 'Invalid Date'.

Is this a (known) bug?

Jamie Avins
21 Nov 2011, 9:22 AM
Thank you for the report, we will be sure to look into it.

Jamie Avins
5 Dec 2011, 10:42 AM
The Invalid Date just seems to be there, on any page without any scripts loading at all... Do you have an example of the issue you are having on Android?

Tobias2200
6 Dec 2011, 5:54 AM
I must have done something else wrong when i first tried this.
I tried it again now, using return Ext.Date.parse(dateString, Ext.Date.patterns.ISO8601Longest) where ISO8601Longest : "Y-m-d\\TH:i: sP" (i added a space between : and s, otherwise it will turn into a smiley) and it does work.

Thank you for your help!