PDA

View Full Version : field.Select only displays a max of 4 items?

riyaad
21 Nov 2011, 5:55 AM
Hi guys

Is there any reason why this code would only display the first 4 items in the select list?

var bundle_ddn = new Ext.field.Select({
name: 'bundle_ddn',
label: 'Bouquet:',
options:[
{ text:'DStv Compact', value: '3' },
{ text:'DStv EasyView', value: '7' },
{ text:'DStv Lite', value: '6' },
{ text:'DStv Premium', value: '1' },
{ text:'DStv Select 1', value: '4' },
{ text:'DStv Select 2', value: '5' },
{ text:'DStv Select 2', value: '5' },
{ text:'TopTV Ultimate Movies', value: '14' },
{ text:'TopTV Variety', value: '11' }
]
});

mitchellsimoens
21 Nov 2011, 11:17 AM
You mean the height of the list once click on the field?

riyaad
22 Nov 2011, 12:03 AM
Hi Mitchell Simoens

Thank you for response, I was referring to the elements in the actual list. The problem is that if you have more the say 4 in the selectfield list, you'd need to drag'n hold to scroll down (assuming you know there's more in the dropdown). The rest (should you not know is there) would remain "hidden" to the user. Is there a way that one could make the dropdown (selectfield) list scrollable?

Regards
Riyaad

mitchellsimoens
22 Nov 2011, 7:02 AM
I see what you mean... I don't think there is bounds checking currently but a UI like that will get worked on.

rdougan
22 Nov 2011, 10:29 AM
The popup list for a SelectField is already scrollable. Do you mean make the list a little smaller/larger so the users knows there is more to scroll?

mitchellsimoens
22 Nov 2011, 7:11 PM
The popup list for a SelectField is already scrollable. Do you mean make the list a little smaller/larger so the users knows there is more to scroll?

I think there needs to be some bounds checking. It should be as tall as the list is unless it would go off screen, in that case constrain to the available height.

rdougan
22 Nov 2011, 10:53 PM
Ah, I understand now. I shall add a ticket, makes sense.

riyaad
22 Nov 2011, 11:29 PM
Hi Mitchell Simoens, RDougan

This would be great - thank you both. :D

Regards,
Riyaad