PDA

View Full Version : The grid column title shows {1} in dialog in IE

davy_wei
8 Jan 2007, 7:55 AM
I created a dialog which contains one GridPanel. It shows {1} for all the column title in IE.

Here is another user's post

Hello,

i'm having the same problem in IE.

I have something similar: a GridPanel and a BasicDialog. From what i saw, the column headers in the Grid becomes {1} when i add a button to the dialog.

Try commenting this line in your code and see if the column headers are affected:

dialog.addButton('Close',this.hideDialog,dialog);

I dont know if its a bug or i'm missing something but i had to make a compromise and move the button from the BasicDialog inide the dialog.

After I commenting this line "dialog.addButton('Close',this.hideDialog,dialog);", the problem is gone in IE.

bascule
8 Jan 2007, 9:44 AM
Im also using a dialog (LayoutDialog) with a grid, and have a few issues:

I also get the {1} on IE6, removing the Close button gets rid of the problem.

On IE6/7 the resize handles do not show, but they show in firefox

On IE6, when stacking dialogs that contain select boxes, the select boxes show through
to the uppermost dialog. This does not occur on IE7.

Here's an image i grabbed showing some of the problems im having:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/132/350616592_d873bea3e5_o.png

Animal
8 Jan 2007, 9:51 AM
The IE6 select thing is a very old, very well known IE6 bug. If you must support IE6 (bletch!), add shim:true to your dialog config (probably best conditionalize that for IE6)

jack.slocum
8 Jan 2007, 10:15 AM
The {1} bug is fixed in svn. It was also applied as a hot patch to the .33 download (re download).

manugoel2003
8 Jan 2007, 10:50 AM
well, I am having a similar problem.... but in my case the header is showing up properly, it is the tooltip of the grid header which is acting weird.... moreover, it is showing {2} instead of {1}..... is this also fixed in SVN???.....

jack.slocum
8 Jan 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure about the tooltip. I wouldn't worrying about it, the new grid 2 will solve all those problems. :)