PDA

View Full Version : Running out of trial period

sc344
1 Dec 2011, 9:29 AM
The trial period is ending in 3 days. Will there be new version coming out soon?

aoathout
1 Dec 2011, 4:56 PM
Same here. I've really enjoyed putting Designer 2 through the ringer and hope it all doesn't end in 3 days

CaliLuke
1 Dec 2011, 11:32 PM
We are working to activate the licensing server for Designer 2 around the clock, in matter of days there will be a solution to activate a trial that will not expire until launch. We might have a few days gap between your expiration and the new feature making it in the build and I apologize for this, but you will not be locked out for very long. I will notify the forum once the new system is up and running, everybody will need to "re-authorize" their copy of designer to take advantage of it.

justinp
2 Dec 2011, 12:28 PM
Great news!

vw-jraq
6 Dec 2011, 9:54 AM
Could we get an update on this please? Will registered users receive a notification or should we keep checking the forums to see if and when the registration mechanism is released?

Thanks, I love the work and really looking forward to getting back into Designer 2.

CaliLuke
6 Dec 2011, 2:24 PM
We extended all trials by 12 days today. Please re-login with your credentials. In this timeframe we will release the new licensing system that will take care of the problem or re-up trials if things slip.

Mr_Rainbow
19 Dec 2011, 10:17 AM
The 30 day trial period has ended, but I could not find any announcement about the release of Sencha Designer 2.0. What is the status of the trial? I can no longer run Sencha Designer, because the trial period has expired.

cstuber
21 Dec 2011, 8:45 AM
Is the new Designer 2 licensing server fully available now? A couple of weeks ago I was able to reauthorize, however today I am locked out of Designer 2 because "Unfortunately Your Trial Has Expired."

abarash
27 Dec 2011, 1:06 PM
I'll take one for the team this week: are there any updates?

The post with the download link says registration will be online "before your trial expires." On the 1st in this very thread, CaliLuke said there would be a solution "in [a] matter of days." Then on the 6th, he said there would be a solution within 12 days. Here it is the 27th, and we still cannot use Designer 2 ("...trial expired").

Is there any new information? Is there an ETA on the licensing?

Thanks for any help you can give - I know we all look forward to continuing to use the new version,

Andrew

CaliLuke
3 Jan 2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Abarash, I hope you had a great holiday.

Is your license expired yet? In that case, if you have downloaded the latest update, it should just re-start a new, longer trial by simply signing in again.

If your original "temp" license isn't expired yet, you can just go to (depending on your os):

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 1.2\

Windows Vista/7

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 1.2\

Linux

~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 1.2/

Mac OS X

~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 1.2/

and delete the license file, then re-authorize Designer 2.

Please let me know if that works.

abarash
3 Jan 2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks, it looks like that did it. Last week, it was telling me the license was expired. Just now, I re-signed in and it now tells me I have 90 days.

Thanks again for your help and happy new year,

Andrew

zgreatone
3 Jan 2012, 11:44 AM
Hello
I still get "Unfortunately Your Trial Has Expired"

-O

cstuber
3 Jan 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi CaliLuke,

Thanks for your response, and happy new year!

I have reinstalled Designer 2.0, but I am still unable to authorize.

I then deleted the license file you mentioned (Windows Vista), but that does not work as well.

My license file keeps getting regenerated with the previous expiration date. The abridged data is below:

- (file:///C:/Users/Chad%20Stuber/Desktop/user.xml#) <ion version="1.0">
- (file:///C:/Users/Chad%20Stuber/Desktop/user.xml#) <dict>
<key>Product</key>

<string>Sencha Designer 2.x - Trial</string>

<key>Username</key>

<string>cstuber</string>

<key>License</key>

<string>D100-10000</string>

<key>Expires</key>

<string>2011-12-18T15:34:39</string>

</dict>

</ion>

aoathout
3 Jan 2012, 3:21 PM
This did not work for me. Still getting trial expired message.

Phil.Strong
4 Jan 2012, 6:50 AM
usually this means your not in the new licensing system ... Luca will reach out to verify

CaliLuke
4 Jan 2012, 11:19 PM
This did not work for me. Still getting trial expired message.

My bad, this seemed suspicious so I looked again and the code to access the new server is NOT included in the latest update we released to the Developer Preview (build 208).

We will, however, release an update this week to address this problem and there will be many, many new features coming along with it.

Apologies guys, I'll post on this thread as soon as the update starts rolling out, subscribe it if you want to be notified.

vw-jraq
5 Jan 2012, 1:43 PM
I am also having a problem. I deleted the license file and still cannot use Designer.

I am on windows 7, but not sure which build of designer. It autoupdated once to I believe 182 since I initially installed build 65.

CaliLuke
9 Jan 2012, 4:48 PM
please get the latest version from:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?152941-Sencha-Designer-2-Developer-Preview-Download-links (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?152941-Sencha-Designer-2-Developer-Preview-Download-links)

and do a clean install (that means you need to uninstall your current version of Designer 2) and you should get a new trial automatically.