PDA

View Full Version : Extjs4 Tree Rendering performance is poor in IE

kanthu509
6 Dec 2011, 8:43 PM
hi,

Is there any way to improve the rendering performance of Extjs4 tree in IE ,,my tree data is huge and some times browser getting stuck.

mitchellsimoens
9 Dec 2011, 2:09 PM
The only way to get more performance (other than going to 4.1) is to only return the current level of nodes... meaning don't return all the nodes in your tree, just the nodes to the expanded node.

dllchrist
20 Jul 2012, 2:40 PM
but what if you have 5000 child nodes under one node? The performance is really bad, especially in IE8. Do we have a "buffered tree" similar to "buffered grid"?

Jan (HL)
8 Aug 2012, 2:24 PM
Do you really have 5000 direct child nodes?

If not: Use asynchronous loading (like handling with "sub trees"). It is more easier in Ext JS 4 (I'd just done this in a migration from Ext JS 3 to 4).

If yes: Because this probably will break any logical user interface, this should packaged into logical groups. At least something like "Names with A", "Names with B".

dllchrist
8 Aug 2012, 2:30 PM
@Jan,

Yes, in the end we chose to package direct children into subfolders.

But i think something need to be done to the performance of ExtJs 4 tree in IE8, the script limit is triggered when we expand a node with more than 500 child nodes.

Jan (HL)
8 Aug 2012, 2:42 PM
Yeah, the same problem we have.

I recommend subtrees. Your application will work *a lot* faster that now.

miroperez
28 Aug 2012, 7:34 AM
The out of the box tree performance isn't great. Just look at the examples/tree/treegrid.html. Change the treegrid.json to have about 100-150 top level nodes which isn't that many. It takes over 20 seconds to load and render the tree. This is on FF with a pretty speedy computer.

Is there any short term solution for this?