PDA

View Full Version : Make all animations concurrent by default?

Dipish
7 Dec 2011, 5:42 AM
In Ext 3 all Element animations are concurrent by default, however it has changed for Ext 4.
So a line like this:

el.setSize(100, 200, {duration: 3000}).move('l', 400, {duration: 2000})
Would make an element resize and move simultaneously in Ext 3, but in Ext 4 it would start moving only after it has finished resizing.

This is a simplified example but I hope the developers realize how much pain would it be to modify an application that relies on such behavior in order to get it work normally in Ext 4.

So first of all I would like to express my disappointment with the decision that Ext developers have made as I see no good reason for such a change (is it really more common to chain animation of different properties rather than run it simultaneously?)

Then, I'd like to ask for an advice on how to revert to Ext 3 default behavior with minimal modifications?
The override that I've come up to so far is the following:
Ext.override(Ext.fx.target.Target, { fxDefaults: {
concurrent: true
}
});

It looks simple but I imagine that it might break something in ExtJS itself so I would like to get some feedback from the devs.

Dipish
12 Dec 2011, 2:40 AM
Dear Sencha devs, please provide feedback on this. I want to know if such an override is appropriate and would it break any internal code of the framework?