PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Select Row Editing

vn_vinod
9 Dec 2011, 9:19 AM
My requirement is multiple select row editing. User can select multiple rows using the checkbox and on clicking 'Edit' button selected rows should be editable (textboxes should appear). Is it possible using 'rowditing' plugin? If anybody already implemented this functionality, please can you share the same or pointer to demo/samples. I'm using ExtJs 4.x

Thanks in advance

arthurakay
9 Dec 2011, 11:08 AM
I do not believe the Row Editor does that out-of-the-box. I have never seen this done, but it doesn't seem terribly hard to do yourself.

I would encourage you to give it a shot and post your code as you encounter problems. Our community will certainly try to help you along the way.

vn_vinod
10 Dec 2011, 9:55 AM
Thank you. I would appreciate if you can provide me pointers/URLs which is close to my requirement.

tobiu
10 Dec 2011, 10:29 AM
i don't think that there are examples in this direction. the cell editing uses one editor per column, which gets moved to the cell you want to edit. so displaying more than 1 per column is not possible out of the box. keep in mind that changing this would make the DOM much larger and can cause performance issues.

you can use the cell or row editing plugins without saving directly -> you can edit multiple rows 1 by 1 and submit the changes (dirty records) all together.

vn_vinod
11 Dec 2011, 6:33 AM
Thank you for your quick reply. Is there any way we can just display the textboxes for the selected rows when Edit button is clicked (See image)

arthurakay
12 Dec 2011, 8:41 AM
the cell editing uses one editor per column, which gets moved to the cell you want to edit. so displaying more than 1 per column is not possible out of the box.

The answer is no - you're going to have to do some custom coding on your own.

Take a crack at it, and we'll try to help you along the way.