PDA

View Full Version : Slicer help

Cuberic
12 Dec 2011, 1:26 PM
I'm trying to make sense of the sdk tools. I downloaded the windows version 1.2.3 beta. I installed it into my ruby bin directory. The only ext files I have are the resources directory and a directory called extjs with 2 files: ext-all.js and theme.js. Are these important?

When I run the command

sencha slice theme -d extjs -c resources/css/ext-all-gray.css -o resources/ie -v

it outputs:

Sencha Theme Generator
Copyright (c) 2011 Sencha Inc.

and no images are created. I still have to hit ctrl C to stop but It's not doing anything. I've been combing the forums and docs to see if there is anything to help a newbie like me and so far I'm lost. When I go through the help docs everything seems to assume I know what they are talking about and what file does what. I'm not interested in what goes on behind the scenes I'm only concerned about the theme but it feels like I have to jump through hoops to modify it.

bseddon
30 Jan 2012, 7:09 PM
Had exactly this problem today. Behind the scenes the 'slice theme' command runs ext-theme.exe and if you open the exe using your favorite text editor you will see it generates ExtJS code but, crucially, it references ext-all-debug.js

I'd been using ext.js (to be able to generated a useful jsb3 file) so had not copied over any of the other ExtJS build files. After copying all the build files to the application's extjs folder ext-theme was able to generate images.

Bill