PDA

View Full Version : How about Kendo UI Web?

Gunmen
13 Dec 2011, 11:36 AM
Hi there!

Today, I've read about Kendo UI Web (http://demos.kendoui.com/) and it seems to me a Sencha look-a-like.

How do you think about Kendo? What are the pros and cons in comparison with Sencha?

Thanks,
G.

tobiu
13 Dec 2011, 12:10 PM
hi,

i have never heard about the framework before and just took a look at the examples.
the theming is nice, but the coding style reminds me a lot on jQuery: they add script tags inside the dom to render components there and use the $ syntax.

so, my first impression is, that is a nice collection of widgets, but not a real framework to build pure JS apps.

mankz
13 Dec 2011, 12:41 PM
Not sure what void Kendo will try to fill. It's built on jQuery but doesn't really add much new compared to jQuery UI - so a simple widget library.

One thing I like, blazing fast grid panel (one of the demos shows 100k rows with superb snappiness).

tobiu
13 Dec 2011, 12:49 PM
reminds me of the slick grid. even a step better than my tobiuGrid: i went down the road minifying css.
this grid is almost a pure html table: each second tr tag has one class for alternate rowcolor, the td tags have no class applied at all, there are no divs with classes inside the tds.

this markup will limit complex features but for a basic version perfect.

Tchinkatchuk
23 Jul 2014, 1:38 AM
Does anyone tried it ?Could he give us his feeling about it ?