PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard navigation with a grid inside a window

abcdef
13 Dec 2011, 4:29 PM
Is there anything special that needs to be done in order to get keyboard navigation working on a grid that is inside a window?

lorezyra
13 Dec 2011, 5:34 PM
Just setup a listener for the keyup event on the grid.panel itself.

abcdef
14 Dec 2011, 3:46 PM
Just setup a listener for the keyup event on the grid.panel itself.

I'm sorry, but I might not have correctly understood you. Do you mean that I need to explicitly implement keyboard navigation by listening to the keyup event? The grid panel does this out of the box when it is not inside of a window.

lorezyra
14 Dec 2011, 5:42 PM
If you mean that you need to use the arrow keys to move the selection up and down the list in the grid, then yes... this functionality is built in.

If you need to monitor special keys (e.g. Ctrl + A), then you need to setup a listener for that.

abcdef
14 Dec 2011, 5:54 PM
If you mean that you need to use the arrow keys to move the selection up and down the list in the grid, then yes... this functionality is built in.

If you need to monitor special keys (e.g. Ctrl + A), then you need to setup a listener for that.

Yeah, the selection up and down the list is not working when the grid is inside a window, and I was wondering if there was anything special that I need to do to get it to work.