PDA

View Full Version : Multple Applications

nak1
15 Dec 2011, 8:31 AM
I'm looking to build a touch application in Sencha 2. Since the application is rather large, I'd like to break it up into several "applications." In doing so, I'd still like to keep the navigation seamless and just load the new sub-applications as it's needed. Is there some coding examples or tutorials that I could reference in order to determine exactly how I need to be structure my code?

mitchellsimoens
15 Dec 2011, 8:43 AM
No examples/tutorials for ST2.. there are some people that did it for Ext JS 4 (myself included (https://github.com/mitchellsimoens/SubAppDemo)) but I haven't checked to see if my example would work in ST2. Something I need to work on more but don't have a whole lot of time.

nak1
22 Dec 2011, 9:47 AM
M,

I noticed that there is only a single Ext.application, am I to assume you can only call that once, and that one Ext.application can not call or instantiate another Ext.application file?

KJedi
22 Dec 2011, 10:45 AM
The approach is more complex actually. We did it for ExtJS4 and in order to accomplish it correctly, we had to rewrite part of native ExtJS code.
The solution is not ready for sharing yet (still working on it and applying to the real project).

If you'd like to start out - go study how the Ext.application initializes everything.

I'd recommend against it, it's too complex for just mobile app :) For desktop it's a whole another story when the number of screens exceed 100, you need a better way of organizing the application than Ext's default approach.

mitchellsimoens
22 Dec 2011, 11:00 AM
MVC will be changing in the next release. It will still not support multiple Ext.applications as you should only have one application on a page. You can have different modules