PDA

View Full Version : Pop up a DIV tag over the Select tag is finally fixed in IE7

mdissel
11 Jan 2007, 1:40 AM
According this blogpost http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/mladenp/archive/2007/01/10/57189.aspx it's fixed, so in yui-ext we could add an extra browser check to avoid adding the IFRAME fix..

Thanks

Marco

cwiltgen
8 Feb 2007, 8:32 AM
According this blogpost http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/mladenp/archive/2007/01/10/57189.aspx it's fixed, so in yui-ext we could add an extra browser check to avoid adding the IFRAME fix.
Yes, but Flash, QuickTime, etc. (probably many other ActiveX controls) still appear above the <div> without the IFRAME fix.

Where/how does yui-ext help with this? I'm rolling my own "video lightbox" solution, and I'd really like to use something that exists if possible!

-- Charles

jack.slocum
9 Feb 2007, 3:33 AM
I have added this check to the new version.

cwiltgen: In the new release, you can reconfigure it globally (instead of all over the place) by the central sniffed variable:

Ext.useShims = true;

cwiltgen
9 Feb 2007, 8:47 AM
Jack,

cwiltgen: In the new release, you can reconfigure it globally (instead of all over the place) by the central sniffed variable: Ext.useShims = true;
That's great, but I'm not enough of a yui-ext guru to know what would replace what I'm currently doing.

For example, to solve this I learned that I had to place an <iframe> under the <div>, with the <iframe> and its content having very-specific settings that took hours to suss out.

I didn't see a YUI.ext.createTransparentDivWithIframeShivIfRequired :), so what bits of yui-ext will change their behavior when I set Ext.useShims? (If it's just yui-ext widgets, I'm thinking that doesn't help me.)

Thanks,

-- Charles

Animal
9 Feb 2007, 8:53 AM
You don't have to be a "guru". What's "the div"????

yui-ext will handle this in it's own widgets. See BasicDialog examples. This will handle being popped up over IE6 selects.

cwiltgen
9 Feb 2007, 9:24 AM
You don't have to be a "guru". What's "the div"????
The <div> is the full-screen overlay <div> I create the foundation for the lightbox effect.

yui-ext will handle this in it's own widgets.
Ah, I'm looking for a general solution. It looks like I need to stick with my home-grown code.

Thanks,

-- Charles