PDA

View Full Version : How to take builds for iphone and other devices with apps developed using senchatouch

roymj88
16 Dec 2011, 8:49 PM
Hi,

I'm a bit curious as to whether im in the right path regarding the development of the app for iphone and apple devices and also for android.

As of now i was taking udid of my device and then taking builds for apple devices using xcode. But ive heard that web apps do not need to be done this way. And also these apps do not need to be uploaded into appstore for approval and all. That we can directly provide the app from any of our websites.

But my problem is how is it possible to take build for apple devices and builds for other devices as well.

I am nearing the end of my app development and this is getting more critical.

Thanks

Roy

mitchellsimoens
17 Dec 2011, 7:33 AM
You cannot use a native app and just deploy it to the web as Objective C and Java don't work on the web for mobile devices. It's basically a total rewrite but not all is lost. The hardest part is going through all the requirements and figuring out how you want to do it. Porting over to JavaScript is a challenge but the theory behind your app is there.

The limitation of a web app is that we don't have access to many device APIs. For instance, we don't have access yet to the camera or the file system.

roymj88
17 Dec 2011, 8:19 AM
No.. My doubt was is there any particular way we can give away the app i have done using sencha without uploading to appstore.

I have completed an app and currently i use xcode to make api build for apple devices and eclipse for taking android builds using android sdk.

But my client keeps repeating that i should be doing it in such a way that i should not upload to appstore for the application to work in apple devices. I would like to know how a build is taken for apple devices so that it does work in all devices regardless of udid of the device or appstore approval.

Thanks

Roy