PDA

View Full Version : Navigation View MVC example

slngr
18 Dec 2011, 9:24 AM
Hi there,

is there any best practice for Ext.navigation.View in MVC architecture?
I'm wondering if anybody has a good example at github for example?

Greetings,
Chris

martinfilliau
19 Dec 2011, 3:10 AM
We have done some work with NavigationView and MVC (Have a look at the webcams part in particular). Not sure if it is the good way of doing it.

https://github.com/oucs/mobileoxford-sencha

NB: this is just a proof-of-concept.

slngr
19 Dec 2011, 4:50 AM
Thx for your reply, now I get an idea!!

mike lebowski
3 Jan 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi Martin, thank you for sharing your code. By any chance have you tried your app in phonegap? I amd developing for phonegap, I have an MVC app, and it was working fine as with a Container at the viewport level. But I need to add Search capability, so I thought, "ok, i should probably factor things out one level so that the current top level container becomes one item in a navigation.View and then search can be another item in the navigation.View.

However, when I tried the minimalist approach of just changing my top view from Container to navigation.View, I just get a blank screen. So I am beginning to wonder if there might be some phonegap specific issues at work.

mike lebowski
3 Jan 2012, 1:06 PM
to followup on my own question. It seems that having this code was giving me the white screen

config: {
fullscreen: true,
layout: 'fit',

That code is harmless at worst for a Container, but it seems it is a toxic combination for navigation.View. If I remove the layout: 'fit' , my view appears.

martinfilliau
4 Jan 2012, 9:45 AM
I didn't try our application with PhoneGap, but thanks for your feedback!