PDA

View Full Version : Using Dashcode to edit Sencha Touch project

bagusflyer
28 Dec 2011, 7:56 AM
I started to learn Sencha Touch since last week. And I found there is no good editor. I've tried Konomo editor, Eclipse etc. At last I decided to give Dashcode a try. To my surprise, after a few try and error, I managed to setup my sencha touch MVC project in Dashcode and I can edit, debug/run (through simulator browser) inside Dashcode (I can even setup breakpoint and distribute my whole project by compress my js file).

In order to make it a perfect editor for Sencha Touch, I need:

1. Fix the crash problem by double click my project file (It's no problem to use Dashcode File->open to open the project file)
2. Create a Dashcode template for Sencha Touch (To remove some unnecessary files/folders from original project)
3. Auto-complete

If anybody is interested at this, we can discuss and research together to make Dashcode a free and perfect sencha touch editor.

mitchellsimoens
28 Dec 2011, 8:13 AM
I get frustrated with Dashcode. IntelliJ IDEA is my editor of choice but I disable most of it's features. Plugins are nice to have.

bagusflyer
28 Dec 2011, 8:25 AM
I get frustrated with Dashcode. IntelliJ IDEA is my editor of choice but I disable most of it's features. Plugins are nice to have.

May I know why you don't like Dashcode? I think it's very fast and very easy to help me to debug.

Is Intelli J IDEA support debug/breakpoint and free? Maybe I should give it a try.

mitchellsimoens
28 Dec 2011, 8:30 AM
free? no, $200 USD.

I don't like Dashcode because there are a few features I like. But the one thing I enjoy doing is being able to jump to the front of the code, not the line by pressing command + left-arrow. It jumps to the beginning of the code not the line. In Dashcode, it will always jump to the beginning of the line and I have to use the mouse to get to the front of the code. I am a little anal on some things but that is enough to deter me from using it. I still use it when I want to read code but not for editing.

mitaligupta1212
26 Apr 2012, 10:02 PM
I am newbie too and found dashcode nice utility. Can anyone help in how to adjust sencha to dashcode pls.