PDA

View Full Version : BasicDialog constraintoviewport = lost header + no dragging

kalebwalton
14 Jan 2007, 8:04 PM
Using constraintoviewport on a dialog that is bigger than the viewport causes its header to go above the visible area effectively losing any draggable handle to the dialog. If you hide and show it, it remains in the same position.

Maybe constraintoviewport should only affect the left, right and bottom portions of the screen? That or when the window is resized it should move the dialog down further - I prefer the former solution.

Animal
15 Jan 2007, 12:29 AM
Of course what constraintoviewport should really do is ensure that the size is not allowed to be set bigger than the viewport, AND add a window resize listener to enforce that constraint when the viewport gets resized.

jack.slocum
15 Jan 2007, 7:17 AM
Kaleb, can you show me a link? I use it on me blog and it moves the window into the viewport when it goes outside (by the top).

kalebwalton
15 Jan 2007, 8:23 AM
Unfortunately I can't show a link - not accessible from the outside.

Let's see - it would happen in the following scenario:

- Create a BasicDialog
- Set constraintoviewport: false
- Set height: 1000px

- Resize browser window to 500px tall.

- Show the BasicDialog

- Resize browser window to 1100px tall.

BasicDialog header is not viewable.

I'll see about whipping up an example if that doesn't help out.

kalebwalton
15 Jan 2007, 8:25 AM
Hmm I just checked out your blog and it seems to auto-move it down as soon as you resize the window. I must have different conditions. I'll look into it - thanks!

Animal
15 Jan 2007, 8:37 AM
I think this is something that's been fixed a long time ago. You must be on an old version.

kalebwalton
15 Jan 2007, 8:50 AM
Well, SVN as of 1.5 weeks ago. Maybe that's old though :)