PDA

View Full Version : Using Sencha Touch with Codeigniter

NMFord
3 Jan 2012, 7:57 AM
Hey guys,

I am planning on converting my current codeigniter project to a Sencha Touch application and was looking for a few pointers on how to go about it. (I have never used Sencha Touch or Sencha before).

At the moment I am using the Codeigniter's MVC to organise the website and have my own mobile interface design setup using the CI views.

After seeing what Sencha touch is capable of and the quality of the product I have decided that I can't go without it for my interface.

However, I'm not entirely sure what the best way is to integrate it with codeigniter, should I be using Sencha Touch's MVC and my codeigniter scripts just for ajax responses?

I can't find much written on the topic so would appreciate some advice from anyone here.

mitchellsimoens
3 Jan 2012, 8:02 AM
The Sencha Touch app is your one and only view to codeignitor. You can have other views that serve up JSON for the Sencha Touch app to consume but you will only push one html file.

NMFord
3 Jan 2012, 8:16 AM
Thanks, perfect answer, just what I was looking for.

arirasekh
10 Jun 2012, 10:24 AM
Hey - Hate to be the slow one but I didn't quite get the reply. Is the suggestion to have Models/Controllers in CI and Views served up from Sencha? If I misunderstood please clarify.
Thanks!

mitchellsimoens
10 Jun 2012, 10:31 AM
Client side MVC is totally different than server side

arirasekh
10 Jun 2012, 1:20 PM
Thanks for the quick response.
Yeah - It looks like I have a bit of reading to do on client side MVC before I choose a framework. At that point, I'll come back if I still need clarity.